In the box
• 2 Wooden Smart Finger Boxes
• 16 Copy Designs on Laminated Cards
• Afrikaans and English Instructions
The following skills are developed with Smart Fingers:
1. Fine Motor Control – to strengthen the muscles of the hands and fingers, encourage the player to use alternate fingers while moving the
beads into their places as shown on the Copy Cards.
2. Hand-eye Coordination – placing the balls requires a good deal of eye-hand coordination which is necessary for most daily activities including drawing, cutting, threading, sewing and writing.
3. Figure/Ground Perception – the player needs to focus attention on a particular colour bead or colour dot, placing it in the foreground of his mind while allowing everything else to fade into the background.
4. Concentration – following the patterns on the copy cards will help children to focus and concentrate.